Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 EOC: My Voice

As an aspiring filmmaker, my goals are driven by the creativity and passion that goes into making a film. Through film, I am able to create an alternate reality, go above and beyond, and truly invest my imagination and vision into a single work of art where there are no limits. That kind of freedom is inspiring and is mainly what I strive towards: to inspire others through filmmaking. There are are variety of roles and different fields of work that are present in the art of filmmaking. In the past, I worked as an amateur at home, creating and editing fan videos for my own entertainment and for school high school projects. The joy and accomplishment I felt is the main reason why I am now pursuing a career as a director of photography (cinematographer) or an editor. At The Art Institute of Las Vegas, I am majoring in Digital Filmmaking and Video Production where I am getting the hands on experience and learning the skills I need in order to work professionally in the industry. Eventually, I hope to move to Los Angeles where I will work as an intern at Warner Bros. Studios and work my way up to fulfilling my dreams of creating a feature length film. As Francis Ford Coppola once said, "There's nothing creative about living within your means." I wish to make movies because it's something I can pour my hard work, creativity, and passion into that it makes life so much more exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment