Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

Being employed part time in retail, I have many stories about myself providing great customer service but right now, I can't think of a time where I had great customer service. Mostly, I only remember the times where I experienced terrible customer service. Like this one time I went to IHOP with my family on New Years Day during my junior year of high school. It was a beautiful day and like any other holiday, my family and I were hoping to have a great breakfast at one of our favorite breakfast places. At first, everything was fine, we didn't wait too long, our hostess was friendly and catered to us very nicely. But, after we were seated, we waited 5 minutes just for our waitress to come and get our drink orders. Right away, you could tell she had been partying the night before due to her messy unkempt hair and her makeup looking as if she had been wearing it since the night before. My family and I didn't make a big deal out of it, understanding that people go out on New Years Eve but she ended up forgetting my order, getting my dad's order wrong, and was just down right sloppy with her service. My father then complained to the manager that she was either hungover or still under the influence from the night before. We ended up eating for free that morning and although it was free and the food was made right, it still didn't taste as good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment